Oct 16, 2011

Cover Update & Comic Con Report

1. Comic Con - Friday, I had the privilege of being at Comic Con in New York. The day started with a panel at 10:45 - Zombies, Fallen Angels and Other Paranormals Give New Meaning to Undying Love. This was my first panel and I had a blast. 

Tahereh Mafi, author of the upcoming SHATTER ME, was among my fellow panelists. Many of you may know her from her blog or twitter, but I wish you could meet her in person. She's kind, stylish and so well-spoken. I was already inclined to like her, because I adored SHATTER ME. Now I'm thoroughly fangirl for her.


After the panel, Tahereh and I signed ARCs at the HarperCollins booth. Another first for me, and also a blast. It's truly amazing to see UNDER THE NEVER SKY make its way out into the world. Thank you to those who came by to pick up a copy.

2. Sneak Peak of UNDER THE NEVER SKY - Check out the Facebook fan page for a glimpse of an early chapter!

3. Cover News - Finally, I'm thrilled to share an updated version of the UNDER THE NEVER SKY cover.


You'll see the differences are subtle, with the addition of a new color and the streamlining of the font. I love it. I still can't believe it's my cover. I hope you love it, too.


9 comments:

  1. 0o0o0! I LOVE IT! It's great to see that they added a different color for contrast. It looks gorgeous against the blue =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really fun to meet you! I can't wait to read the book. It's next after I finish Shatter Me!

    CV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Wendy! I love the new color, too. And Charlee, it was awesome meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new cover too. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty! The orange hue was the most noticeable change. I don't think I can pick up on anything else. I'm glad that you enjoyed your first panel, sounds super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice meeting both you and Tahereh - great panel, hope we all get to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The orange really makes the cover pop more! I love it. Awesome tagline, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the changes. It was always a beautiful cover and still is one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona, YA Book Queen & Petra, thank you! I'm getting to the point where I can't believe it was ever something different, you know? Stefan, thanks for coming by! It was great meeting you, and do hope we can do it again someday!

    ReplyDelete